Hello and thanks for being here on Peggy's Muse, my music and inspirational blog. On this page I describe a little about my fourth album which was recorded in the Manning Valley. I will be adding more details and photos to this page as time goes on so please check back and feel free to subscribe/comment or just say hi! There are links to listen and purchase or if you wish you can contact me direct and I will be happy to organise a signed copy for you!
cheers and blessings!
"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. ." to quote beloved inspiration John Lennon, I certainly found this my experience after packing up the tour van and the mobile studio - readying for the owner-builder phase and setting up the recording studio home base proper after 18 months or so on the road. A chance meeting with some like-minded travellers in a converted metro bus invited us out for a New Years Eve party in the foothills of the Bulga Plateau and synchronicity kicked in big time. . . long story short the creative spirt drew us in to be a part of colourful and diverse alternative community and leave our building project on hold . . . So amongst the lush, pristine natural environment and with contributions and encouragement from our new neighbours and musical colleagues the "Light Diamond" Cd was recorded in an old mill office right on the lip of the Ellenborough River. . . . always raw and sometimes with the natural birdsong exclaimations and embellishments, now building on our first recording experience "Different World", this is the next episode of songs and a natural progression of music and indie production in the making.PS. Have a listen to first track off the CD "Mercy" and there's more on the CD at the link below as well as lyrics. Til soon. .
Tracks Include: 1. Mercy 2. Distant Hearts 3. Crazy Daze 4. Strange World 5. Last Chance Cafe 6. Rivers 7. Listening In 8. Rise 9. Beautiful Hues 10. Harvest 11. Entwined 12. Crystalline
1. Mercy 3:23 Distant Hearts 3:06 violin: Hugh Cowley, bass: Angelica Booth, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals, acoustic guitar,keyboards: Peggy
2. Crazy Daze 3:43 electric bass: Helen Knight, electric guitar: Peter Mullany, Piano: Maryella Hatfield, djembe, snare Geoff Nant, vocals/acoustic guitar: Peggy
3. Strange World4:52 electric guitar: Peter Mullany, electric bass: Helen Knight, violin: Hugh Cowley, electric guitar 2: Paul Storman, acoustic guitar/harmonica: Peggy
4. Last Chance Cafe 3:21 dobro/mandocello: Peter Mullany, electric bass: Helen Knight, vocals/acoustic guitar: Peggy
5. Rivers 4:26 electric guitar: Peter Mullany, electric bass: Helen Knight, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals, acoustic guitar,keyboards: Peggy
6. Listening In 4:11 electric guitar: Mick Liber, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals, acoustic guitar,keyboards: Peggy
7. Rise 3:49 vocals/acoustic guitar: Peggy
8. Beautiful Hues 4:31 violin: Hugh Cowley, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals/dobro/keyboard: Peggy
9. Harvest 3:58 electric guitar: Mick Liber, bass: Angelica Booth, flute: Maryella Hatfield, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals/acoustic guitar: Peggy
10. Entwined 4:36 electric guitar: Peter Mullany, electric bass: Helen Knight, djembe,snare: Geoff Nant, vocals/acoustic guitar: Peggy
11. Crystalline 4:23 electric guitar: Mick Liber, bass: Angelica Booth, vocals/acoustic guitar/harmonica: Peggy
Review from Alex Green Editor in Chief www.stereoembers.com USA
On her new solo album Light Diamond, singer/songwriter Peggy van Zalm continues to write some of the most affecting moving music around. The former lead singer of the late 80's Perth outfit Martha's Vineyard, van Zalm's solo career has yielded five albums of thoughtful and meditative folk. With a voice that suggests the tenderness of Joni Mitchell or the sly finesse of Chrissy Hynde, van Zalm's work is always rich in wisdom and heart. Now making her home in the small village of Elands, located on the mid north coast of New South Wales, van Zalm found herself collaborating with local musicians and using these collaborations to inform her own songwriting process. From the gentle pop tug of "Mercy" to the spare "Rise", Light Diamond is a rare and special album, filled with a wealth of warmth and melody."
Alex Green Editor in Chief stereoembers.com andCaught in the Carousel USA
You can read all Light Diamond Lyrics and listen to more music at